Metal innovators Deftones have something today for all their fans with record players. Really, for just 5,500 of their fans, to be precise.
The group will be releasing a couple different vinyl iterations of their most recent effort, 2012’s Koi No Yokan, today. Fans have their pick of three offerings (though you just know a handful of people are going to get all three, because they’re insufferable completists like that):
- The standard retail version pressed on 140-gram black vinyl (3,000 copies)
- The direct to consumer version that boasts 180-gram black vinyl with foil-stamped, numbered jackets (1,000 copies)
- The Hot Topic exclusive version pressed on 140-gram clear vinyl (1,500 copies)
Jesus vinyl nerds, pick your slack jaws off the floor. And wipe up of that pool of saliva. I know this is cool but keep your composure.
Deftones will also be hitting the road in March in support of Koi No Yokan. Check out Deftones’ full spring tour dates after the jump.
March 1 – Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
March 3 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
March 4 – Rochester, NY @ Main Street Armory
March 5 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
March 6 – Huntington, NY @ Paramount Theatre
March 8 – Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues
March 9 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5
March 10 – Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre
March 12 – Stroudsburg, PA @ Sherman Theatre
March 13 – Norfolk, VA @ The Norva
March 15 – Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
March 16 – Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
March 17 – Atlanta, GA @ The Tabernacle
March 19 – Miami, FL @ Fillmore Miami Beach
March 21 – St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Live!
March 22 – Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
March 23 – Mobile, AL @ Soul Kitchen
March 25 – Baton Rouge, LA @ The Varsity Theatre
March 26 – Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheater
March 27 – Pharr, TX @ Pharr Entertainment Center
March 29 – Austin, TX @ ACL Live at the Moody Theater
March 30 – Houston, TX @ Bayou Music Center
Tickets to Deftones’ March shows can be purchased here.
Latest posts by Dayton O'Connor (see all)
- Frank Ocean And Producer Malay Sued For Infringement Over ‘Channel Orange’ Track “Lost” - March 10, 2013
- The Maine Wrap Recording On Fourth Album - March 10, 2013
- STREAM: Justin Timberlake – “Suit & Tie” (Dillon Francis Remix) - March 8, 2013